Watermelon Refresher

photo 1-25My husband LOVES watermelon.  That’s a good thing as watermelon has many health benefits, especially for men.  The inside of a watermelon is about 92 percent water with the remaining 8 percent jam packed with nutrients.

I saw this recipe for Watermelon Aguas Frescas on Elana’s Pantry and knew we had to try it.  Aguas frescas are fresh fruit drinks that are very popular all over Mexico.  How perfect for a hot summer afternoon!

 

watermelon blendingI made some minor recipe modifications:

  • 2 cups watermelon, sliced into 1-inch cubes, discard rinds
  • 2 drops Young Living Essential Oil Lime Juice (OR 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice)
  • 5 drops stevia
  • ice
  1. Place watermelon, lime oil and stevia in a blender and puree until liquified.
  2. Fill 2 glasses to the top with ice.
  3. Pour watermelon mixture over ice.
  4. Serve and enjoy!

photo 1-24

 

 

 

I am grateful each day for wellness, happiness and the opportunity to share with you.