Update to Toxin Free Laundry Products

Some unfortunate news…. I just heard back from reuseit.com that they are discontinuing the Berryplus laundry soap!  Order some while it’s still in stock! I will try out the Eco Nuts Natural Liquid Laundry Detergent and provide another update.    

Toxin Free Laundry Products

As I mentioned in a previous blog posting about detoxing your home, I’ve been using Tropical Traditions powdered laundry detergent.  However, when I went to reorder recently they were out of stock (guess this great product has really become popular!). A new search for natural laundry detergents led me to this recommended list on Mother […]

What’s In Your Deodorant?

Mainstream personal care products usually contain harmful toxic ingredients.  For example, check out the Environmental Working Group report on Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant or do a search for your own products.  Because we come into contact daily with so many toxins that are outside our control, I have focused on doing my best to use […]

Manage your Energy, Not your Time

I am grateful for the positive support and encouragement from friends and family for this blog.   Good ideas for blog postings quite often come from casual conversations with this wonderful group of people.  As I’ve learned about the power of the law of attraction, I’ve come to believe there  are no real coincidences.  Rather, you […]

Paleo Chicken with Fig Sauce

A friend of mine recently gave me a very thoughtful gift.  A bottle of Rosso di Montalcino wine accompanied by one of her favorite recipes.  The wine is a key ingredient for Rachel Ray’s Montalcino Chicken with Figs and Buttered Gnocchi.  I thought it would be easy enough to modify this to paleo by skipping […]

Watermelon Refresher

My husband LOVES watermelon.  That’s a good thing as watermelon has many health benefits, especially for men.  The inside of a watermelon is about 92 percent water with the remaining 8 percent jam packed with nutrients. I saw this recipe for Watermelon Aguas Frescas on Elana’s Pantry and knew we had to try it.  Aguas […]

A Healthier Younger Generation

Many of us become quite excited when we switch to a paleo lifestyle and experience big health benefits.  We often become “that guy” who wants to convert everyone we meet, and even more so with our families.  If we don’t completely alienate all of our non paleo friends first, we usually learn how to tone […]

Make Sleep a Priority

The Center for Disease Control has determined that insufficient sleep is a public health epidemic.  There is little debate anymore about the importance of sleep and there are numerous articles and studies discussing the subject.  Check out Mark Sisson’s Definitive Guide to Sleep and Robb Wolf’s Importance of a Good Night Sleep as well as […]

Follow Sharing Wellness With Friends on Facebook

Sharing Wellness With Friends is now on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/sharingwellnesswithfriends! Facebook is another way for me to share interesting articles as well as additional ideas for incorporating paleo and positive living into every day life. Please visit, Like the page and share it with your friends!     I am grateful each day for wellness, […]

Enjoying Exercise

Whether or not it’s part of your weekly routine, everyone knows that exercise is good for you.  What’s the best form of exercise?  The one you do!  Seems simple enough – if you enjoy the exercise, most likely it will become a lifestyle habit. Good health is all about balance.  Eating non-inflammatory foods, exercising often, […]